There hasn't been too much going on this week. Just trying to get back in the normal routine with school, Sylvan Learning Center, piano, scouts, and activity days. It's been great. The house is a wreck, but I simply don't care. I'm just enjoying my family right now. One funny story that I don't want to forget...
Shelby is really into the days of the week recently. Not just the day, but the date and month. She'll ask what day it is knowing that I've been trained well to say, "Wednesday, January 9th." However, it might have been a bad idea to teacher her to say ninth instead of nine. She came to me on New Years Day and said, "Mom, today is January 1th. Tomorrow it will be January 2th (tooth!)" I had to laugh. Also, they went back to school on Monday. Shelby asked if she was going to 1st grade, to which I sadly said no. I sure wish she was. With the half-day Kindergarten, it feels like she's back in Preschool. She was also learning 1st grade stuff with her last Kindergarten teacher because she was so advanced. Now she's focusing on F, W, and T this week. YAY! (Not!) Anyway, she came home and said, "Nope, I'm not in 1st grade yet, just second Kindergarten. Blah, huh!" I couldn't agree more:)
No comments:
Post a Comment