The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Friday, January 11, 2013

Dishwasher

We are getting more and more excited to move into our new home.  I have so many papers with diagrams of the walls that I measured during one of the inspections, placement of our dishes, where I'm going to put furniture, and more decorating ideas.  I love the feeling knowing that it won't be too stressful getting into that home.  We have two full weeks to move from one house to the next.  Easy being only five houses away.  I can't wait to actually unpack all of the boxes.  Our room is still a nightmare.  Knowing that we were going to move again, I put unpacking on a standstill.  So, it's definitely the messiest room of the house.  That's why it stays locked if we have people over:)  When the house inspector came in, he gave us a very short list of things that needed fixing.  We decided to ask for it all- most of it was hardware for closet doors.  The worst they could say is no.  They came back and said they would fix all of our requests, but would not replace anything.  The dishwasher had something wrong with it.  It literally sounded like a train going through the kitchen.  Even standing there, anticipating it to turn on, it still scared us enough to jump- and then nervously giggle.  So, when they said they'd fix it to functioning, I said ok (may have been a huffy breath, too.)  However, we got the call that they were able to fix everything else, except the dishwasher.  Yay!!  We are getting exactly that we wanted.  A $400 credit at closing for a new dishwasher!!!  We went last night and picked out the one we wanted and have delivery set for the 18th of February.  I am just so excited.  I knew I'd be just fine with the other one if they could make it more quiet (a lot more quiet!) but with this new development, it makes it even more of an excitement to just get in there and let our true lives begin!  Here's to anxiously waiting!!

1 comment:

  1. It's so exciting getting any new appliance! I wish we had needed a new dishwasher. The one we have technically works, but not very well. I am very happy with my fridge however. It was fun to pick out! Did you get black, white or stainless steel?

    ReplyDelete