The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Downtown Detroit

Downtown Detroit, Michigan
 The walk to and from the Auto Show was so beautiful.  There are some beautiful buildings in Detroit.
 The brown one was so cool.  Surrounded by taller grey ones, it looked so extraordinary and wonderful.

 This was a park terrace that has probably been in a movie or two.  Simply gorgeous.  And across the river is what?  Oh, right.  Canada.  Isn't it kind of crazy that it dips down South of a city in the U.S.?  I didn't know it did that until this trip.  Obviously not, or we would have gotten our act together and got that driver's license!  Still not over it, as you can plainly see:)
 Not sure what this signifies, or why it doesn't meet at the top, but it was huge and cool.  I had a thought that it might have been the inspiration for a "portal to another place" in a book.  That's what I see when I look at it, anyway.
Randy loved these five massive buildings.  It's the headquarters for GM with a Hilton hooked onto it.  HUGE!  They just look so neat.  Wouldn't it be wonderful to see something so grand in your mind and have it actually become reality?  I loved the time we spent downtown.  Although, by the end, my feet were incredibly sore from the boots I borrowed from Brooke.  We went back to our hotel and took a nap.  On vacation.  For me, that is the best kind of vacation.  Ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment