The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Kenyan

 I got to spend three days with this little cutie.  The last time I got to see him was in the NICU 3 1/2 weeks after he was born.  He's grown a bunch since then, although most of his size is swelling from the steroids he's been on.  This little warrior has gone through so much since his violent, emergency birth.  I love him so much.  I'm so thankful he's here with us.  He's got a mission on this earth. 
 The kids were in heaven.  None more so than Caden.  He was so attentive and helpful.  He wanted to do everything.  He'd ask to hold him, feed him, burp him, put him in his car seat, put him in the car, you name it.  It almost made me want another one just for him!  Almost.  OK, not even then:)
Shelby was around almost as much as Caden.  When she finally got her chance with him, she asked if I'd take her picture.  The minute it was taken, she said she was done, and didn't ask to hold him again.  I had to laugh.  It was so much fun having a baby around for a few days.  It wasn't too stressful packing his stuff with us, mostly because I was giving him back to his parents each night.  I love time spent with family!  I can't say if we'll all live close again, but I can say, distance doesn't lessen the love we have for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment