Leah and Isa had spent the whole day decorating their cute home, just for me. They have been eating Paleo for a month now, so she made me a cake from scratch. Her first time was a HUGE success. Caden and I talked on our way "home" about how much we loved the food. The company was even better!
Little Isa was so adorable. She wasn't sure how to respond to my hugs and kisses (when you join my family, you get lots of love and hear "I love you" a lot) but she warmed up pretty fast. I love that little girl with her cute voice, spunky attitude, and adorable five-year-old stories.
Little Wyatt has a bit of stranger danger going on. His first night on earth turned into a three week horror story in the ICU. He does not want anyone but mom, maybe dad, to hold him. I got to adore him from a short distance. A very short distance;) He is a beautiful baby. Ahem- don't tell Brennon I said so.
I asked Isa to help me blow out my candles. I needed help making my wish come true. I had already gotten a favorable wish granted, I just needed her help to keep it that way. She was all-too happy to help. And we did it!
Leah had us pose with a silly face. When Brennon grabbed the ketchup, slammed it on the table, and pretended to lick the fountain- like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber, I couldn't help but exchange my silly face for my ultra-silly laughing face. Because that is just how Brennon is. FUN!!
I look exhausted from a full day, but I couldn't be happier with my surprise. From infancy I've LOVED birthdays. And this one was just for me.
Thank you Brennon for your mad Selfie skills! And Thank You Brennon, Leah, and Isa for my surprise birthday party. I love you for it! When we left, Caden said, "I know why he was your favorite." It's not hard to see why. Jamie and Brennon were the cousins I was sad to lose to Washington, the reason I loved Seattle, and the best friends I made even though we were cousins.
I got another surprise on Friday. Randy said he'd bring the kids on my birthday, but after getting the sweet deal from Hilton, surprised me the night before. Above is Tyson at the hotel my birthday morning. He's kissing the doorstop "on the lips." It was pretty hilarious.
The pool was the perfect degree of warmness. It allowed us to stay for longer than a few minutes. It was amazingly wonderful.
Brennon got out early and wanted to snuggle, so we played with my camera. I aspire to be as good at taking Selfies as Brennon G. one day.
And then they all did. Brennon said he missed Caden. And then he very seriously told me that he would miss swimming when he was like Caden and stuck in the hospital. It made me sad to realize he thought that was how his life was going to be, heaven forbid. I hope I emphasized to my little boy that he wasn't going to follow in Caden's footsteps. Because, even though Caden is a GREAT roll model, I NEVER want another of my children to have to follow his example in this!!
Who says having kids isn't fun? Because this is funny!! You know you laughed! What a butt-head! I couldn't resist. He sat me down, asked me if I wanted my present, wrapped his arms around my neck, and said, "There. There is your present." I'm a lucky birthday girl!















No comments:
Post a Comment