He was so excited about getting it that he opened the FedEx box in the lobby of the Ronald McDonald House. It was fun seeing his excitement.
Randy was bursting at the seams to help him. He got quite bossy, actually. Caden had to remind him a few times that it was his project. I'm pretty sure Randy would have taken over the project if he would have been the one to purchase it for Caden. As it was, Mary did him a kindness by being the one that gave it to him. He had an excuse for not letting Randy push him around.
It was fun waking early the next morning to Caden trying frantically to finish before Randy awakened.
The pride in his voice when he presented the finished product to Randy upon waking was priceless. He practically crowed, "I finished it without you!" Imagine it in a sing-song voice!!
He asked if I would display it in my decorations downstairs. Psh, as if he even needs to ask. If he truly knew me, he would have known I was hoping he'd let me!! Look at how amazing that beauty is!!!
Nauvoo will be ready to purchase in September. Randy and I will do that one for a date night!!! And when I say we'll do it, I mean...Randy will take over while I admire his face. Cause we all know he won't let me touch a single piece!!






No comments:
Post a Comment