The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Music

While on our Chuck-Wagon Dinner for Grandma Griffin's 80th birthday party, someone suggested singing songs.  There were a few that were sung that I'd never heard of, but we enjoyed listening to those that did know the song.  They all tried to remember a song that was sung many (about 20) years ago while camping together, laughing about the new verses they made up just three years ago at Grandpa Griffin's 80th birthday party.  One verse was even about Randy and Steve!  Surprise, surprise.

As if on cue, a few people started to sing Happy Birthday.  Quickly, we all joined in.  And boy did we sing loud!  It didn't matter that we weren't the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, we sounded amazing.  And just as you feel the Spirit listening to MoTab, you could feel the love we have for this amazing woman from our sound.  We poured our hearts into that song, begging her to feel how much she means to us.  The canvas roof made for the perfect amphitheater sounds to prove to her how much we love her.

Music has always been a big part of my life.  I will never forget that Happy Birthday Choir.  I didn't know everyone there, but I sure love signing with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment