So, about a year ago I had this amazing idea.
How about you buy ALL of the numbers so we have candles for every birthday!!!
Genius, right?
Until your beautiful daughter turns 11 and you realize you only have one 1.
I love this shy little smile as she listens to us sing to her. She is a bubbly, giggly little thing, but she can be shy, too. She is happy, kind, thoughtful, artistic, creative, loving, clever, snuggly, and perfect. I can't believe that my baby girl is 11. And in Middle School. And becoming a Young Lady.
Her wish was something she knew she wouldn't get. A hamster. I just can't do it. Not only because of the small house, but because of me. I just have this irrational fear/disgust with hamsters. And pets in general. It didn't stop her from wishing for one. And who am I to tell her not to wish. One day...(when she moves out, probably)
Life with Keilie is equal parts challenging and perfect. I could not imagine a better little girl to call my own. She is perfect in every way that matters.
Happy Birthday, sweet girl. You are loved to "the back of the moon" as you used to say.
My favorite story of Keilie was when she was about four years old. Caden was going through an inquisitive time, wanting to know all about languages. He asked me, "Mom, how do you say 'treats' in French?"
"I'm not sure!"
(Duh- voice) "Treats in French!!"
She is quick. Her whit is one that continually makes us laugh. I look forward to many more years of her joy.



I saw the post and immediately my mind went to how old Keilie was. I thought "Holy cow she can't be 11" then I saw the picture and saw her holding up 10 and I thought "Yeah, that's better. Just 10" even though I knew that wasn't right. Then I read your post and it was back to "Holy cow she really is 11!" I can't believe how big she's getting! Every single one of our kids just needs to SLOW DOWN! :) Happy birthday Keilie!
ReplyDelete