I love Family Home Evening. We have been pretty good about doing it every Monday night. We probably only miss about five a year. I love that the kids are so invested, actually getting upset when we don't. We all just know that Monday night after dinner is a standing, unbreakable date. Exactly how I like it.
This last week we made decorative cans told hold our "We Thank Thee" sticks and our "Please Bless" sticks. They grab five of Thank and three of Bless to help them "think" about what to pray for. I'm hoping this will illuminate the "Please Bless that we had a good day today" prayers.
After we had compiled about 20 stick options for each can, we sat down to the piano for the opening song. And the best part of the whole evening was that we stayed there for an hour. Just singing song after song. The sweet sounds of my kids singing without fear of friends hearing and making fun, or embarrassment, was so special to me. The Spirit whispered to my exhausted (sometimes depressed) soul that these are the moments to remember. These are the times I am going to miss most. These are the times that my kids will remember with happiness. I was almost crying while playing. My heart was so full.
I was SO ready to begin piano lessons when the time finally came. I had spent many weeks beforehand pouring over books to begin learning all that I could. I soaked in each lesson. I wanted to be good. How grateful I am for the very limited (much diminished) talent I have of piano.
My kids began piano this month. Shelby is much like me. Keilie is proving to like it more and more. As I was reflecting on my own years of practice, grateful for my parents for paying for my lessons, I was excited for my own daughters, and maybe even sons, to have similar experiences with my Grandkids. Because as I listened to their sweet voices singing melody to my music, life seemed the happiest it's been. Nothing has filled my heart so full in weeks. I will never forget this sweet experience. I love the piano, and music, SO much!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment