It was so good to see Sue again. Although I'm glad to be away from Seattle Children's, I do miss seeing her regularly. She is not just his doctor, she is my friend.
While checking Caden over, asking all of the regular questions that we heard daily, we kept answering in the most positive ways.
'Is Caden back in school?' Yes.
'Is Caden doing well in school?' Straight A's.
'Caden, do you feel like your appetite is back to what it used to be?' Yes.
'Caden, do you feel like you can keep up with other kids?' Yes.
'Have you noticed any significant changes in his activity?' You mean aside from the fact that he has two more weeks, of twelve, to finish his Personal Fitness merit badge? Or that he can do 35 pushups, about 12 situps/crunches (he could do zero after the massive surgery), and run a mile in under 9 minutes? Yes.
'Well, look at you. Caden, you are a boring kid. You have nothing going on in your life!'
I like that word, boring. I like that we are boring in ways that really matter. Because, although our lives are full of fun, laughter, togetherness, activities, arguing, cleaning, homework, piano, church, service, camping, scouts, friends, school, and 'every-day life', our lives are boring in the best way. We are all healthy. And that is alright by me!
No comments:
Post a Comment