Tonight was the Harvest Carnival at White Bluffs Elementary. I almost missed it because of wrong information put into my phone calendar. I would have been really upset, seeing as I made 15 dozen cookies to donate for the Bake Sale. As it stands, we had 30 minutes to play. We were even more lame by not having enough cash to do much with. Good thing we had the "not-enough-time" excuse. Lame!
While standing in line for the bouncy house, someone asked how they knew me. She kept asking if I lived "over there" or went to a certain church, exclaiming that she knew my kids somehow, that I looked so familiar. As she was saying that she felt like she knew my kids so well, it dawned on me to ask if she knew us from the fundraiser that they had done just a few months before. The light came on in her eyes.
"Yes! Oh my gosh, you're Stephanie!! I read your blog for the longest time. I feel like I know your family so well!! How are things going? It's been a few weeks since I've read it, but I've kept pretty good tabs on all that has been going on!"
As I talked to this woman, it was a surreal conversation. This woman knew me! I had never met her in person, but she knew me well enough to recognize me from somewhere. I never meant for my blog to be anything but a way for family to know us as we grew up, and now I was being recognized by someone I'd never met before. It all felt exciting and fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment