The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Friday, October 10, 2014

Broccoli

Tyson loves broccoli.  If it has broccoli in it, he will eat it.  Or just the broccoli.  When we get Chinese take-out, he will ask for the one that has broccoli in it.  So, it shouldn't have surprised me when I heard a *gasp* when he opened the garbage can.

(Saddest tone with a sprinkling of reverent whisper) "Broccoli!!  Why is there broccoli in the garbage?"

Randy and I have been loosing weight.  Randy started August 11th with the goal to have absolutely no soda and to eat smaller portion.  He has lost 15 pounds, to date.  I started Weight Watchers 16 days ago and have lost five.  It feels good to get our home/garage/yard back in order, our lives back on our routine, and now our bodies back in shape.  Life is GOOD!!

As a side note, I had to explain to Tyson that because mommy assumed that the chicken had been packaged by Costco, that it wouldn't leak juices when thawed in the fridge and run into our veggie drawer.  We lost a whole drawer of broccoli.

Not to worry, he was able to share my mushrooms.  That kid loves veggies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment