"That's my throw up bowl!!!"
And Caden said, "I just ate one that was wet!!!"
There was much sickness on our vacation. With 6 adults and 9 kids staying exclusively in one house, and three more adults and two more children coming to visit, it became "the sick house." At any given time, there were always at least three kids sick. By the end, almost all were coughing and feverish.
I can't help comparing our trip to our morning breakfast. We were all excited to have both. Two weeks with the whole family and an unhealthy breakfast in front of the TV. But, due to sickness, both have extremely tainted memories. My parent's home became our breakfast bowl. Filled with both the good and the disgusting.
I wish things could have been much different for us. Our trip was planned a year in advance, and almost didn't happen because of sickness (it feels weird to think of Cancer as sickness. To me, that word isn't strong enough to describe it). And yet, we did have a wonderful time. Cousins played. They made lasting friendships. We laughed together. We cried together. We crafted together. We joked together. We lounged together. It was heavenly. I refuse to allow a little thing like throw up, soggy Cheese Itz ruin the experience.
I love my family. The Burrell's, The Dirks's, and my own heaven on earth. I am completely blessed. Sickness and all!
Aaaaah! I seriously cannot stop thinking about this post. It makes me gag so bad I can't even see straight. :) But I love the analogy you put with it. Ugh. Seriously, just get the heebie-jeebies every time I think about the throw up bowl and the soggy crackers. Oh, I've got to stop! :)
ReplyDelete