The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Props

Just as Shelby's face 'says it all' in this picture
Mine tells the most in this one.
When we arrived at the designated spot to meet Mickey on that Monday morning, I wasn't prepared for the emotions that would hit me so hard, so fast.
(Mickey signing Caden's souvenir Mickey, given to him upon checking in to Give Kids The World)
It started when they called Caden up first.  Just Caden.  The other kids were bursting at the seams to get up there, but waited patiently (if not a bit fidgety) for Caden to have his time with Mickey.  I remember thinking, "My kids get to hug Mickey!"  That was the true start of our magical vacation, for me.  I couldn't contain my excitement and happiness.
 Then, finally, finally it was the other kids' turn.  Their screams of excitement were absolutely adorable.  And infectious.  It made me cry even harder.  I was trying my hardest to contain the tears as I watched each child stand in line for their own hug.  Shelby even snuck in two.  They were just so happy to be there with him.  I could not have chosen a better beginning to our Disney days.
Since they had a professional there to take all of the pictures, I was trying my best to stop my emotions from leaking from my face.  Seen here
And here
And, eventually, here
Randy said that as he was checking out of Give Kids The World, they told him (as they were showing him the free 8x10 they had printed for us) that they had never had anyone bring props like this for a picture.  Because of the excessive wind that we had during our family photo shoot back in August, I knew I wanted to take them with me to Florida.  Jamie and I took the time to make them, not to mention the materials, so I wanted to get as much use out of them as possible.  I'm happy that I got to use them here.

And here
The moment this picture was taken, Randy gave Caden permission to throw the props away.  My family may have become a bit tired of all of my photo wishes.  There may have been a million a few complaints about how much I wanted to whip these babies out.  But, come on, people, they are freakin adorable!!  And now they are in the dump.  Oh well, I captured the memory of them forever!

A picture is worth a thousand words.  An expression is worth a million emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment