It's that time of year again~~ New World Systems company party and sales meeting. I have been able to go the last two years, but with all of the time I've spent away from my kids this year, and traveled in the last few weeks, I asked to stay home with my babes. I am having a hard time being away from them these days.
So, instead of me boarding the plane with my sweetheart, I gave up my seat to his brother, Stephen. The one that was with Randy during all of the childhood antics (and probably instigated them all). The one that was witness to Randy getting a ticket for not wearing a life jacket in Arizona during a family reunion in 2010. The one that got his jaw broken on Thansgiving day, just 20 minutes before the turkey was done. Should I be worried? A whole weekend, just the two brothers?
Yes, I'm worried. Very worried.
But, in all honesty, I am happy. Not only do I get to be with my kids, but Randy gets to spend a weekend with his best friend (aside from me, of course). No kids. No schedules. No construction. Just fun.
I wouldn't give up my place by Randy's side for just anyone, you know.
No comments:
Post a Comment