The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Thursday, October 15, 2015

CHECK

Don't ask me what I was thinking when I accepted the scan schedule for the day after Tyson's birthday.  It was either have it on October 14, or wait until November.  I didn't really want to wait, so I accepted the appointment.

I am happy to announce that Caden has NO cancer in his body!!
He is STILL CANCER FREE!!!

I can only say that I am now completely exhausted!  With a 12-hour anxiety filled day after two nights of sleep totaling 10 hours, trying to get everything ready for Caden's Eagle Court of Honor on Saturday, getting ready for an additional 10 people to sleep in our bustling home (that makes 17 humans in one 1735 sq. ft. mini-mansion), gathering food to feed 27 people four meals, and making an awesome Baymax cake,
I am beat!  In my defense- when he said Baymax, I knew this was how I was going to do it.  I was SO happy that he had chosen such an easy character.
Make cake✔️
Make fondant✔️
Sharpie circle eyes✔️
Draw a straight line between eyes✔️
That's how it's done, folks!  I was done in mere minutes.  With my nerves stretched tight with cancer stress, this was a blessing...that turned out to be a bit of a crestfallen face when he saw it.  He thought I would be able to make the cake into Baymax's actual body.  Not to worry!  I totally redeemed myself with this...
BOOM!  He said he wanted Legos and Minecraft Stuff.  Chalk one up to a perfect find!!

October 13- Tyson's 6th Birthday✔️
October 14- Caden's 1st 3-month✔️
Cancer Free✔️
October 15- Welcome 4 guests
October 16- Welcome 10 guests
October 17- Caden's Eagle Court of Honor @ 4:00.
October 18- Say teary goodbye's and collapse from all of the action. And then welcome the cancer-free Holiday Season!!!

It's a good life!

No comments:

Post a Comment