The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Lemons

Yesterday, while taking Caden to early-morning Seminary, our Yukon broke down.  I'll spare you the death-defying details, and simply say that it sounded like our car was going to explode with us in it.  It was freaky!!  After much craziness, we had to borrow our neighbor's rental car to get the keys back to our Yukon for the tow truck.  We also had to pick up Randy's car from the Service department of the local Dodge dealership for a recall matter.  Of course it had to be in the shop just when we needed to take our other car in.

After all was figured out, I quickly ran to the store to grab some lemons for Tyson's Halloween party.  She had asked me weeks in advance, but I didn't want to send him with anything other than fresh lemons.  It would have been fine if the car had performed normally.  On this morning, it was pretty much a disaster.  I ran into the more expensive (which tends to have more selection) grocery store and grabbed the first bag of lemons I saw.  We raced to the check out, giving me 15 minutes to make the five minute drive home and cut those lemons into 23 slices.  I about died when the total came to $9.00.  In my haste, I had grabbed the Organic specialty lemons.  11 tiny lemons for $9.00.  For a Kindergarten Sensory party.  Awesome.

Moral of the story:  When life gives you lemons, hope they are organic.  The lemonade you make will be that much sweeter.  Obviously someone had to pay for those golden sour globes.  They are probably broke now.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

1 comment: