The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Friday, October 2, 2015

Pretty, Pretty Pictures

I'm trying to be better about getting birthday pictures of my kids in their birthday month.  I used to put together big photo shoots for the birthday child (not sure how I did that as exhausted as I always was) but that has kind of fallen off of my important/needs-to-be-done-to-survive list.  With the opening up of my schedule, I now have time to do more fun things.  It also might be because Ashlee gave me her DANG NICE camera as a thank you for letting them live with us for 6 weeks.  Here's the story...

Labor Day weekend they had come down to visit and take family pictures, since we didn't get around to it when they lived here.  I was super excited to be able to do it for them, and fell in love with their camera.  I made the comment that I had been researching which one I would buy, while Randy joked around that they should sell us their old one and that they should buy a new one.  Haha, right!  The next morning, they packed up and headed home.  They hadn't been gone for more than two minutes when I walked past the camera case, hiding among some other things on my kitchen counter.  I'm sure she knew to leave it there, because the first place I always clean is my kitchen counters.  I immediately called Ashlee and Randy immediately called Russ so that they could turn around to grab it.  After all, a treasure like that should not be left behind.  That was when Ashlee told me that they were gifting it to me.  I was in shock!  I started to cry, of course, while Randy beamed.  I was given something that I have wanted desperately for so long, yet couldn't justify buying.  I had a camera that worked, just like I had a junky oven that worked.  And now I have a dream-come-true in both.

I have been enjoying trying it out every chance I can find.  Here are a few examples...
I wished my old camera would have zoomed in on her ring and blurred her gorgeous face.
BOOM!!

See what I mean?  They have given me a wonderful gift!  I have been having a blast learning new things.  I know I probably will never fully understand it (it has about a million and a half functions) but I love what I have been able to do so far.

And when you have such a handsome October 13th birthday boy, the perfect camera only enhances his infectious smile.






I am still in shock that my Ty-Ty is going to be SIX!!  

I'm going to enjoy this new hobby.  I need to research working with the edit functions, as seen in the different color variations of my sweet boys' skin, but the quality of the pictures is far superior to my old camera.
My kids may need to be a bit worried.  I have a many different ideas for pictures.  SQUEAL!!

2 comments:

  1. Stoooop!!! Ty is 6!?!?

    He is so handsome!!!

    P.S. Ash and Russ are bomb.com 😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his socks! Hahah. He is getting so big!!

    ReplyDelete