The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Last Game

I came into this Baseball thing kicking and screaming. Literally. Tyson has been asking to get into it for a couple years, but we have just been too busy. And if I am being honest, I don't like sports that are outside in the Spring. I hate wet clothes and rain showers that are prevalent in the Spring tend to make wet clothes. So when Randy said he wanted to sign him up smack dab in the middle of cancer care, I threw a huge fit. If there would have been a board game on a table, it would have been swiped to the ground. Not really, but that is the type of temper tantrum I was throwing at the thought of adding one more thing to my already overflowing plate. 

Fast forward to today- the last game of the season. Where I thought I would cry tears of joy for the season to be over, I am actually going to miss it. It is fun watching him participate in something he has waited so long to do. Something that he is actually really good at. 

From this...
(Playing Baseball on the Wii January 21, 2016- "I can't wait to play this in real life.")

To this....
Has been an incredibly fun ride.

For the record- "I was wrong. Randy was right. Baseball was the perfect thing for Tyson, and the perfect distraction for the rest of us. I am glad we signed Tyson up when we did."

Go Richland Gray!!! 

1 comment: