The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Indoor S'mores

The kids have asked many times to light a fire in our fireplace.  Since I wasn't quite sure if it had been cleaned or taken proper care of, I was nervous to do it until we got it cleaned and checked.  However, Randy surmised that it probably hadn't been used much by either of the two previous owners, so he got a log that cleans while being burning.  Not wanting to miss an opportunity to turn something "normal" into something fun, we decided to make indoor S'mores.
It was so much fun!!
Look at those beauties.  
The biggest shock of the night was that Brennon wanted some.  Since they are both chocolatey sweet and almost certainly will make your hands sticky/dirty, I thought for sure he'd pass on them.  Then, when he said he'd have some, I thought he'd take just one bite and be done.  Then he ate the entire thing...and asked for more!  He ended up having two-- which is more than Tyson had, and almost as much as Caden.  Best.Night.Ever!

This is our first fireplace that hasn't been turned on with a switch, so it is also the first fireplace that could accommodate our marshmallow pokers.  This will not be our only night cooking treats over an open flame inside our beautiful home.

1 comment: