While taking Shelby, Brennon, and Tyson to a friends' house yesterday I asked Caden and Keilie to shovel off a skiff of snow that had fallen on our driveway. About 20 minutes later, I got a call from Caden that sounded a bit muffled.
"Mom, I'm stuck in the snow fort."
I couldn't breath, I was so scared. My mind was going a mile-a-minute as I was thinking of all the people to call to help dig him out, grateful that I had asked them both to do it-- Keilie was probably already digging him out at that very minute.
"I'll send you a picture!"
Wait, What?!
He'd jumped on it, falling through the top, and couldn't move. Oh, that was how he was stuck!! It wasn't his fault that he scared the heck out of me, but you better believe I wanted to smack him upside the head. And then I saw the picture- that he himself had edited- with his handsome, happy smile and his dog standing watch, and I couldn't help by smile. Caden feels well enough to play!
Caden has now taken four chemo pills... and hasn't had one side effect bother him! That he can feel, anyway. I am so relieved. I really wish my mind would just wait to freak out until there is reason to, but I just can't make it do what I want, it seems. It has a mind of its own. (Go ahead and think it- I'm a dork. I just couldn't help myself!) Things have been going really, really well. Which has us thinking:
The last time he went on this medicine was after 6 weeks of the worst chemo he's ever had, a major surgery, pain medicine withdrawals, and IV nutrition that was much needed, but super hard on the body. Maybe his body was just tired. (That feels like the understatement of the century!) Maybe this time will have better results because he is stronger. Maybe, just maybe he'll be able to be on it for a while, helping to stop the aggressive growth, so that he can enjoy life, driving, dating, and his amazing white hair that he can't wait to have. There is hope in my soul today. I'm the luckiest girl in the world.
What a handsome teenager! Love him 💜
ReplyDelete