The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Sigh

Well, it's finally happened!!  Something that has been in the works for many, many months now.  Something that has been thwarted twice.  Something that has made me sigh a big sigh of relief, like a tea kettle that has finally come to a boil, screaming that it is finally time.

Caden started Driver's Education tonight.

He's there now; his dreams are coming true.  And by extension, mine are too. 

The first hurdle for him to acquire his actual, legal driver's license has been jumped.  Who knows how many others there will be in the coming months, but, for tonight, I'm going to revel in the fact that we've finally been able to make the first big jump in this race that is going much longer than was ever expected.  We may be a bit battered and bruised when he crosses the "Legal Solo Driver" finish line, but I fully intend to make sure we're there with him, handing him the keys to his Bronco with cheers and celebration.  And a long list of driving assignments: Tutoring, Taekwondo, Mutual, grocery store...  Oh, the possibilities are endless.  I'll never have to leave the house in the cold months again! 

I may need to dust off the ole Red, Black, and White pon-pons!

"Give me a C- give me an A- give me a D- give me an E- give me a N.  Goooooooooo, Caden!!"

Well, I'm breathless and weak.  Yowsa, I am out.of.shape!  Maybe that should be a New Year's Resolution: Thinking about working out.

1 comment: