The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Sniff, Sniff

Last night Randy and I had one of those fun nights where you laugh, and joke, and talk before bed.  After praying, I made the quick comment that I was glad he was mine, smooched, then rolled over to get into my "this is serious" sleep position.  Just moments before I was putting in my second ear plug (I have found that after years of using them to block snoring, even normal breathing gets on my nerves now, so I still use them despite Randy's lack of snoring from his tonsillectomy) I felt the bed shift under me, with Randy snuggling up behind me.  But he had ulterior motives...

(Creepy Whisper) "Hey, honey."  {Creeper labored breathing on my bare neck}

Thinking he was going to whisper that he was glad I was his, or something else poetically romantic-- "Yeah?"

(Creepy Whisper)  "You smell different when you sleep." {Hot breath, Sniff, Hot breath}

It took half a second to realize I had married a psycho, creepy stalker freak before we both broke out in side-splitting, tears-streaming laughter.

I really am the luckiest girl in the world.  Even if he doesn't tell me in "socially acceptable" words.

1 comment: