The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Tyson's Day

Tyson had a great day!!  Grandparents and Great-Grandma Fuller came to watch him play soccer.  Tyson was overjoyed that he was chosen to be Goalie while they were here.  He had one seriously good save, one where he actually jumped in the air and saved it with his hands in the nick of time, and many where he kicked it away.  Not one goal was made on him, although many were made against his team in the game.  His team may not have won the game, didn't even score a single goal, but Tyson won as a Goalie this game.
Then we went to Panda Express for his birthday lunch, and came home for Cheesecake and presents.  The family got him a Laser Tag game.  10 batteries later, Tyson was playing with his siblings in the backyard.  I love it when a present is loved as much by siblings as it is by the child you bought it for.  I think it makes the child feel even more special to have a gift that others would love to have.  They've been playing it often, even getting Randy out to play with him.



There are only two things I miss about living in Utah: Family closeness for parties, and the mountains.  I wish we could have more consistent parties like this one, where Grandpa and Grandma Dirks didn't have to drive 14 hours straight, and Grandpa and Grandma Burrell and Grandma-Great Fuller didn't have to drive 10 hours with a stop in Boise.  I'm so grateful they could come to support Tyson. 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TYSON!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment