The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas 2019

We told the kids not to wake us this morning until 7:30am, but we ended up greeting them at 6:30am to enhance the surprise and fun of the day.  My only gift request was a quick picture in front of the tree.  All presents were opened by 7:30am.  All presents were up in their room by 8:00am, including Shelby's room makeover (Remember her sweet Santa List that said, "Quality time with Mom and Dad").  All Christmas decorations were packed away and rooms vacuumed by 9:00am.  The rest of the day was spent napping, snacking, and playing.  PERFECTION!!!
 December 25th, not June 29th as you might be tempted to think from these shirtless pictures.
After Christmas lunch, we napped and went to visit Caden.
 Just a girl driving her family in the big vehicle on the way to her brother's gravesite.
I love that we didn't plan for it to be so festive, but it turned out that way anyway.  I also love that Randy found a better angle to take our family selfies with Caden.  I still cannot believe that this is real, that these are the only pictures we'll ever have of him ever again.  My heart hurts so much still whenever I think about the loss.  It's a very real, physical hurt, like someone has punched me, or my heart is literally burning me from the inside out.  I just can't believe it's real still.  I'm so grateful we're a Forever Family.  The alternative would truly break my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment