The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Saturday, December 14, 2019

Sadies 2019

Keilie had Sadies last night.  It didn't go the way she or I had thought it would.  That's not to say it wasn't seriously fun, it just didn't go the way we thought it would from the moment she asked Jakob to go with her.

The Monday before the dance, the couple they'd planned to go with broke up.  Well, that's when she found out about it, anyway-- they'd been broken up for two weeks and didn't say anything to Keilie.  The girl had also gotten grounded from going at all, so Keilie was left with a date to a dance and no group to go with.  Since Keilie was just going along with them, not really being one to make any of the decisions, this really stressed her out.  She and Jakob made a plan, though, and turned the night around in a way they thought was fun.  I'm sad that they didn't actually make it to the dance, but I'm glad she had a good time.
Since he is a Senior, he was able to drive them both.  He picked her up at 6:00pm and took her to his favorite Japanese place: Yummy Pho.  She was nervous, since she's like me and not very adventurous with food, but she ended up finding something that she really liked.  They stayed and talked, being joined by friends as they got off work, until the restaurant closed at 9:00pm.  They all then went to a friend's house for some good ole fashioned video games until 11:30pm.  She said it was so much fun, and not awkward at all, since she didn't have to dance with only him all night.  She is always so worried about that.

The theme for the dance had been Jerseys.  They'd planned to wear this, even though you can't tell that they're "matching."  I would like to think I would have been OK letting him borrow Caden's jersey, but I really don't know what I would have done had Keilie asked.  I think that would have been too hard for me.  Glad it never came to that, even though it would have been neat to see them matching a little more.  Oh well.

While I wish she had the picture package from the dance to remember the school activity, I'm glad she had such a great time.  I'm sure Jakob's mom wishes the same thing, since this is his last year of High School, but what are you gonna do?  It was also really neat to hear his mom say how cool it was that he finally asked for her help in answering Keilie, and that she was so excited that this was the first dance that he'd been asked to.  That did my heart good.  So much fun having a daughter going to dances!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment