I was invited to a gift exchange party last night. Jamie asked if I wanted to ride over with her and help Tara get a few of the last-minute preparations completed. Leave early for a party? Yes, please. When Jamie walked in, I had to smile-- we were wearing the exact same shirt, Outfit, really, since we were both wearing jeans.
We snapped a picture and then I went to change my shirt. When we arrived at Tara's house and she opened her door, I had to laugh...
While not the exact same shirt, it was pretty close. I love my friends!
I had fun making my appetizer: A Snowman Cheeseball. SO easy!! 16 oz. cream cheese, 3.5 cups sharp cheddar cheese, 1 Ranch dry-spice packet. Mix thoroughly. 1/3 mixture shaped into a ball, wrapped with cling wrap, 2/3 mixture, same thing, placed in the fridge for at least four hours. Roll in finely shredded jack cheese. Baby carrot and peppercorn for decoration. Easy- Peasy!
We played a fun game to exchange the gifts. Tara came up with fun questions, such as "Who has read Harry Potter?" Those that had read it stood up and exchanged their gifts, without opening them. After the 22 questions were read, we all opened our gifts one-by-one so the others could see. So many fun, great gifts! It was fun to laugh, to chat, and to listen to the fun stories. Oh, and the food-- DELICIOUS!!!
Randy and I went to Costco on Saturday. As I was walking past the blanket bin, I commented to Randy, as I was feeling the soft blankets, that maybe we should just buy one for me to snuggle on the way home. I was only half kidding. As I opened up my gift tonight, I was excited to receive a soft blanket in the exact pattern and color I was wanting! It was fun to get out and be with friends. It's been hard for me to socialize in that setting for a long time, so it was nice to be invited and be able to keep my anxiety at bay. I'm the luckiest girl in the world.


No comments:
Post a Comment