I was super excited to have them visit, since it had been so long since we'd gotten together, but the second Shelby came down to greet them and I yelled at her to stay in her room, I realized that maybe it wasn't going to be as amazing as I thought-- I never thought about how it would feel to her to be stuck in her room, feeling like death, all alone on Thanksgiving. With the medicine in her system and no fever, we cleansed the house with clorox, used hand sanitizer often, and masked her to come down for a few hours on Thanksgiving Day.
We ordered our turked from a local smokehouse restaurant, so all we had to do was reheat everything. It was the easiest Thanksgiving meal ever. There was a lot of noise and laughter around the table as we feasted on good food. I did a fun "picture" where all of the kids froze in a fun pose while I panned around the table in slow motion. I wish I could put it on here. Funny thing, I never realized that you'd be able to hear people talking in the background, so it kind of took away from the fun when you could hear voices in the background. The first time I saw it there was no sound, so it surprised me when I heard it with sound that I had never ever realized that you'd hear anything. Kind of funny.
We had a Unicorn stop by, too, which was lots of fun!
A few of us took a little drive to wish Caden a Happy Thanksgiving. It was freezing, so we didn't stay long, but it was nice to go.
Ellie joined us for Gingerbread House fun. Seriously, Keilie has given us some facial gems this holiday season! LOVE her!!
Want one, Aunt Steph?
Worth it!
Can't leave our Mira-kins out. I love how loved she is by everyone, not just us. She really is the best dog in the world!
I got a little teary eyed as I captured this picture of Caden's favorite, because it reminded me so much of one of my all-time favorite pictures of Caden the day Randy brought her home.
These two really did share such a special bond.
Friday was Brennon's turn to get a fever. This flu is going to trickle through our family one-by-one, I can tell. It tried to derail our plans, but it didn't dampen the love and joy that filled our home with laughter and squeals as we made memories that will last a lifetime. I love my family!!

No comments:
Post a Comment