The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Chances

Tyson had another orthodontic appointment this afternoon.  On a side note: We've been turning his expander since December.  Each time we go in, they always double ask me if we've gotten all of the turns.  Each time I tell them yes, and that I just don't think it's been working properly.  Today he actually told me that we're going to try one more thing before replacing it.  Honestly, I'm just kind of done with this expander.  Remembering to turn it as well as sticking my hands in his mouth nightly is just getting old.  Plus, I want to say, "It's not rocket science, I know how to turn that key.  It's not working, and I'm kind of sick of coming in to be told it might not be working properly."  Oh well.  First world problem.

Every month they have a drawing with tickets they're given each time they meet with the doctor.  Tyson was surprised that he was given tickets today, because the appointment didn't really involve any time in the chair.  He was just told to open up while standing, and then told to do two turns of the key each night.  So when he was given the tickets, he exclaimed, "Yes!  I've been thinking about this, and am glad I get to do it today.  Will you help me write my name on these, T-Y-S-O-N, and then fold them at a 90-degree angle?  The corner will fold up, giving me double the chance of them grabbing my one ticket."  Impressed, I could only stare at his profile as he feverishly wrote his name.  I also giggled that he actually spelled out his name for me to write.
With as full as these get, you need all the help you can get.  So we folded four tickets at a 90-degree angle.  All with T-Y-S-O-N written on them...

No comments:

Post a Comment