The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Sunday, February 2, 2020

Nailed It!!

I made Strawberry Thumbprint cookies for a Valentine's party we were invited to on Friday night, and loved them enough to make them for dessert for Family Home Evening tonight.  Remembering that I need to give the kids more opportunities to do things with me, to have more time to bond, I asked if anyone wanted to help me.  Tyson and Shelby nearly bowled each other over in their race to the kitchen.

I gave Shelby the task of the dry ingredients, and Tyson the task of the cream ingredients.  However, Shelby was so crazed to be the one that helped the most, she didn't measure out the right amount of flour.  I recognized that the batter was a little softer than the other night, but I just thought it was a difference in the humidity-- Friday was overcast and raining, today was nice and sunny.  However, it became glaringly obvious within the first four minutes of the eleven that these were not going to work out.

Friday's
Sunday's
Not using enough flour is a "Risque" decision.  Gives a whole knew meaning to the popular dessert name that is used way too often: Knock You Naked...  Needless to say, the other batch went straight into the garbage-- no need "heating up" the house anymore.  Anyone know how to get onto the Netflix Original: Nailed It!!?  I think we could keep a "breast" of the competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment