I can't remember if I've written about this, but I absolutely don't want to forget it, so I'm going to post about it now.
Numbers have always been a big part of my life. I like numbers. I'm fairly certain it can be traced back to my days in Elementary where I competed in Krypto contests and felt great satisfaction to win most.
When Caden was born, I loved that his numerical date of 05/15/01 had two fives, ones, and zeros. When Keilie was born, I was a little sad that her numerical birthday could not be 8/24/03 (eight goes into 24 three times). I love that the first four kids' birthdays go in order down a calendar-- 15,22,29,29. I love that the first four homes we ever purchased had a 2 in the address and that the first 7 homes we lived in also had a 2. I just love the way numbers fit into the world in such quirky ways.
Tyson for the past few months has been following in my footsteps, even though we've never had a conversation about my numbers quirkiness. At random times he'll look at the clock and announce that it's 12:34, or 11:11, or my personal favorite where he turns the numbers into number problems. The second he got into the car today before he'd even truly sat all the way down, he spoke out, "2 minus 2 equals zero." It was 2:20.
I love that we share this quirkiness! I find it very endearing.
No comments:
Post a Comment