The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Library Art

Pretty proud of my Brennon tonight.  A couple weeks ago he told me we needed to go to the library between certain days to see his artwork.  I thought it had something to do with the after-school art club that he was attending, but it ended up being the art class that he' had 1st quarter.  I was unprepared for it to be so select-- not everyone had artwork chosen!
I'd seen Brennon sort of copy drawings (not trace, but draw an image he was looking at), which turned out pretty great, but I'd never seen work from him like this.  So when we walked up to his, I couldn't believe that this was his first ever attempt at drawing.  Truly, I've never known him to draw.  He loves to craft, and does a lot of paper craft type things, but that has been the extent of my knowledge of any crafting he's done with paper.  For this to be the first time I've seen his work felt both sad and amazing at the same time.  I hope he continues to expound upon his budding talent.
Alien landscape.

It had been such a long time since he'd seen it, he said he'd kind of forgotten what it looked like.  Tyson, being the brutally honest little brother said, not in a particularly rude tone, "I can tell you're sort of a beginner when you have it next to this one."
It just so happens that this boy is in our ward.

Brennon's reply, "Well, I just think it's cool that something I thought up in my head was something that my teacher actually liked."

If I thought I was proud that his artwork had been chosen, it was nothing to how I felt hearing his response.  He could have taken offense that his brother wasn't gushing, but he didn't, which doesn't surprise me about him at all-- he's my peacemaker/tenderheart.  He knew his wasn't the best one up there, he was absolutely thrilled to even be chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment