The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Monday, December 21, 2020

Easton

 While waiting for church to begin yesterday, one of my favorite Nursery kids walked up, placed a gift on my lap, and booked it back to his parents. 

Little Easton had been my greatest challenge.  Not because he was naughty, but because it took me the longest time to win him over.  I went to his house with gifts and magic tricks, I brought activities that I knew he'd like, but it took him a solid six-months to warm up enough to stay without sobbing.  I worked hard to get that boy to eventually love me.

Not only has it been 9-months since we've been in church together, but I haven't been in Nursery with him for more than two years now.  So him giving me this unexpected gift had tears and snot soaking my mask.  I walked over to thank him, telling him how much I loved it.  His mom, Jill, said, "He put that together for you all on his own.  I don't even know what's in it!"  And just like that, the tears I'd reigned in were falling again.  He still loves me!  The one calling I was most terrified of is now my all-time favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment