The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Weaver

When we first started the weaving project, Tyson gave a little bit of kick-back.  However, I heard his tone, I knew his reasons: He didn't want to show Cassidy just how excited he was to weave.  I'm not sure why he does this, as she knows he takes Jamie's sewing classes.  But I kept my mouth shut and just handed him his stuff.  Even as he was listening as the lesson taught them that weaving is a woman's job (the women raise the sheep, sheer them, clean the wool, spin the thread by hand, dye it, and then begin the project), he couldn't hide his excitement as he switched colors and saw how well it was turning out.
We had to improvise a bit tying it off because one side was a bit too small for either of our fingers to knot it.  "That's ok, it still looks really cool."  He had an attitude of placating me as I told him I wanted a picture of him with his finished project.

However, when I walked past his desk and saw this...

His actions and placement of his "forced-upon-him, 'girl'" project spoke volumes.  You don't display works you aren't proud of.  Cutie!

No comments:

Post a Comment