The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Monday, December 7, 2020

Winter Wonderland

 I love that we have all four seasons here in Washington, unlike Casper's long Winters and Summers with a week of Spring and Fall.  I have seen some pretty interesting weather here with freezing rains, blinding fog, and days where it warms up enough to melt things before freezing overnight to leave all surfaces an ice sheet.  Weather can be scary as much as it can be wonderful.

One of my most favorite is when we have freezing fog.  



The trees, bushes, and tips of grass become gorgeous white pillars without the world being blanketed in snow.  The crystals that form and grow allow sight of the branch itself in contrast to the white of the spikes.  Because there isn't a blanket of snow, your eye is captured by the crisp white of the frost against the background of normalcy.  It is just stunning.  It gives the feel of a Winter Wonderland without the negative effects of a world covered in snow.  I'm kicking myself for not throwing together family pictures!


2 comments:

  1. Where I grew up in Northern Wyoming we call it hoar frost and it's one of my favorite things ever. I prayed for it to do that on the day of my wedding just cause I knew the pictures would have been gorgeous. Didn't happen, but it was fun to try. ;)

    ReplyDelete