The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Oyster Dome

 Ashlee had a gastroenterology appointment to go over Daphnee's recent Celiac diagnosis, so Russ, Randy, Keilie, and Mira decided to go on The Oyster Dome hike without us.  It's 2.5 miles one-way, uphill, with the downhill being the most difficult.  When it warms up, I plan to go!

Randy said it didn't take long for Keilie to say, "I regret coming," and fall behind.  We'd been warned it was strenuous, but apparently, she didn't understand fully.



The weather was colder than they anticipated, and the fog didn't lend to the picturesque views that Russ and Ashlee had last time, but it was still majestic in its own way.
While there, another "Mira" dog walked up.  They were both born in the same town (Bellingham, which is an hour North of Ashlee's), possibly by the same breeder.  Randy didn't realize that the pictures weren't quite in focus until he got home, but you can see how similar they are without a sharper image.  Randy said the difference was in the color of their noses, but not much else.  Other than the fact that that other dog is not my Mira.


There has been some stress and contention with Keilie recently, so I was glad that she and Randy were able to do this together, even if she fell behind a bit at the beginning.  She said afterward that she was glad that she'd done it.  I hope she remembers that there were good times spent with us this last year amidst the pressure-building tension and rage she's exhibited.  

While Russ and Ashlee have the best views the first time they did this hike, with these as a comparison, ours will be just the opposite-- I can't wait for the day that I get to go, and hope there will be sun and clear skies... unless that would accentuate my sweaty, red, glistening face!

2 comments:

  1. That all looks beautiful, even with the fog blocking the view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kimberly! The fog was just as gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete