I absolutely adore it when we have people visit. I love getting Shelby's room all "Nanny McFee'd." It is simply the best having room and beds for people to visit. This room, filled with six girl cousins ranging from 14 down to 5, is my favorite room in the house then. My parents arrive at 2:00pm, the Wilsterman's at 8:30pm. Giddy.
April 3rd. I love that we got to watch General Conference together. I planned a few different "stations" so that everyone had something to do.
I love memories such as these. My mom knitting, my dad napping with his jaw slack. I love my parents so much.
My parents put together an Easter Egg hunt for the kids. They provide the candy, I provide the eggs. It's kind of a joke with us now, how many eggs I have collected. I'm not even joking when I say that I have more than 200 eggs. While getting rid of a few decorations when we organized our garage, Randy jokingly said we should donate the eggs. "Just kidding, I know how much those things get used." It's true. I have enough to probably hose the entire Primary!Aria and Everly got their own hunt in the front yard. Aria found the "Golden Egg," which has a bunch of candy as well as money from Grandma's wallet.
Everly didn't care one bit about the Golden Egg, she just zoomed around looking for color.
I don't much care for a cluttered house normally, but when we have a house full of guests, it is my joy to see things left ALL OVER THE PLACE. This is what it looks like to have a home meant for kids.
I love it when I find people adoring Mira. We love her, and I know she loves attention, but to see someone go out of their way to pet her and talk softly to her melts my heart. We are so blessed to have her in our life.The older kids didn't run looking for all the color as Everly did. Nope, they would actually take notice of those eggs for later, concentrating on the Golden Egg. Randy had actually buried it under the trampoline, under rocks!McKaylee found it! The rest of the kids zoomed around finding the rest of the colored eggs. I'm happy to report, that all 180 eggs were returned to my bucket for next year.My heart was filled to overflowing as I watched the kids open their eggs and evenly divide the candy/ offer up the ones they didn't care for to others. My goodness, I sure love these kids.
Sunday, April 4th (3.5 year Anniversary of Caden's death. LOVE that it was Conference today, as it was one of Caden's favorite things!)
Conference growing up always had two things: Naps
And tickle sessions!
How grateful I am to have family visit, to hear the voice of the prophet, and have a home filled with love, laughter, clutter, squeals, food, dogs, toys, blankets, coats, shoes, books, and all-out awesomeness!!
No comments:
Post a Comment