Imagine me, the jumpiest person in the world, walking home after finishing a run. I turn the corner and something catches my eye up ahead...
Dead Center, sticking up from the ground. WHAT. IS. THAT?! My mind goes into overdrive, my legs getting ready to run again, despite being exhausted from my run (another person record, thank you very much!). I can feel a scream building in my belly.My eyes are glued to this thing, looking like some kind of coiled snake. I have picked up the pace, seriously ready to just bolt. It was looking into my soul!!! I was being hunted!!! But wait... Is that... Is that a tongue sticking out of its open mouth? Tasting the air, tracking my exact location...And then I passed it and bust up laughing. It's a STICK!!!!! You have to admit, though, that thing looks real. And deadly. I'm telling you, I barely made it out of there with my life! I giggled for a bit at my overactive mind, and slowed my pace to saunter once more. Sometimes I am ridiculous in my jumpiness and scaredy-cat-edness. Randy said I better get over it, because once the grandkids learn of my "special talent," I'll never be safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment