The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Monday, February 24, 2014

Express Yourself

Tyson trying out the child face mask I brought home to play with.  Turns out they aren't as great as I thought they would be.  They only last about 10 minutes before they are ineffective.  Nice!

I LOVE naps!  It's not unusual for me to lay down with Tyson each afternoon and take an hour a two hour nap.  It's also not unusual for us to hold hands while we fall asleep.  Tyson asked me once if we could, and now it's his tradition to grab my hand as soon as we get situated in our blankets.  However, today after we got situated, he grabbed my hand and put his forehead to my forehead, his nose to my nose.  As I breathed in his sweet baby smell, reveling my time with my little one, he whispered,
"Mom?"
"Hm?"
"Mom, I just love you so much."
It was a lot harder to fall asleep with tears falling softly to the pillow that we shared.  Since this all began, Tyson has had a hard time expressing himself.  I often heard him say, "Mom, you're so pretty."  The first time they came to visit in the hospital was amazing.  However, it was really hard to let them go again.  As I was hugging Tyson, telling him I couldn't go home with him right then, he looked at me and said, 
"But, Mom, You're pretty!"
He didn't know exactly what to say.  But today he found the exact words that he wanted.  I have had such a fun time with my kids.  It feels like the clock is ticking down, again, but I'm not going to allow it to make me sad.  I'm going to snuggle each babe and cherish their kisses and their words.

-8:30 PM Update-
We've had three more join Caden's Crew
 Grandpa Burrell & Uncle Taylor (not as bald as Caden, but bald by Taylor's standard)
 And Nathan Haggard who used to be Caden's Deacon's Quorum President, but has since moved into the Teacher's Quorum and now works with Randy in Scouts.
Welcome to The Crew!
12 members and counting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment