The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Monday, February 10, 2014

White Bluffs Elementary

A White Bluffs family (The Dirks family who currently has a Kindergartner, 1st and 5th graders at White Bluffs received devastating news this week.  Their oldest son, Caden (12) has been diagnosed with a cancerous tumor on his liver and is currently at Seattle Children's with his parents.  The White Bluffs PTO is asking for donations to help ease the financial burden for this close knit family.  Gas, food, and grocery gift certificates for the family are welcomed.  Another way to help this family is by purchasing food cards for the family to use in the hospital.  You can purchase those online at http://giftshop.seattlechildrens.org/Gift-CardsCertificates-C15.aspx

Please send your donations with your student clearly marked "PTO Family Donation."

You can follow their journey at www.randydirksfamily.blogspot.com

The White Bluffs Family Community has a wonderful history of helping others, and we appreciate any help that you can offer this family.

I was brought to my knees, gasping for breath when I saw this.  The love we feel from a school that Caden has never attended is phenomenal!!  The love and support they show to Keilie, Shelby, and Brennon would be enough for me.  I would love to have my kids with me right now, but I know they are well taken care of when they go to school.  Mrs. W., Mrs. R., and Mrs. L. have all contacted me with updates and promises to love and look after my babies while I was away.  I LOVED this school from the first week in our new town, and I LOVED them for watching out for them while I was away.  I couldn't imagine loving them any more.  And now this!  THANK YOU WHITE BLUFFS, staff and families!!!  Your generosity has impacted the lives of those around you!  Most especially, mine!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome. Oh by the way good luck on getting to shows you want for tonight. You need a good "chick flick" right about now

    ReplyDelete