Caden made a comment last night about loosing his hair. Keilie misunderstood and started to talk to him, thinking he was worried.
"Caden, it doesn't matter if you have hair or you don't have hair. You'll always just be Caden."
I thought this was pretty special coming from a 10 year old little sister. It's so true! It doesn't matter what you look like on the outside, you're true worth is what you look like on the inside. Caden explained to her that he really doesn't care about loosing his hair.
He proved this this morning when he finally had had enough. It was falling out pretty fast (although you couldn't see much missing except for what was on his clothes) and was always on his face. He had such a red, runny nose from sneezing so much. He got so frustrated and said, "I'M DONE! I just want it cut." I shaved it to a four and was planning on taking him to Tara to get it shaved to the scalp. Randy always has work on Friday mornings, so I didn't bother to ask. As we were getting ready to leave, Randy came in and said he'd do it. I knew he had wanted to before, but didn't realize just how much he wanted to until I saw how he practically ran to the bathroom for the clippers. I know it was pretty special for him to be able to shave it for Caden, something he could do to help. We didn't have the right razor to get close to the head, so you can still see patches where the hair is completely gone and those with tiny hairs, but it will be completely gone soon. We're headed to grab one for him now. The tiny hairs are proving to be more of a bother than the long ones. So sharp! I'll post a picture when he's done. Then he'll really be apart of Caden's Crew in Casper! They boys were gone when it all happened, so Tyson was surprised to see him with so little hair when he got home. It was kind of funny to him, but he's not said a thing about it since. It's just the way things are right now. Kids adapt so much faster than adults.
It's been so fun to be together. As I type, I hear the arguments that are ever-present in our home. Things are normal. Things are good. I was lounging on the couch, with Randy close, when Tyson came to snuggle. Randy said, "Mommy gets hugs?" and Tyson, so smug, looks over and says, "Yep. And you get nothing!" Still the same little Tyson. He loves to tease Randy! There have been many snuggles, kisses, and I Love You's between all of us. It has been the best few days!!! I had a friend ask how I was doing at the first of a phone call this afternoon. She stopped herself and said, "What I mean is, how are you doing today?" Because, that's how it is for us now. Day-by-day, moment-by-monet, breath-by-breath. But mostly, they're good days. Because our story is a love story!
No comments:
Post a Comment