Tonight for Family Home Evening we sat down for pictures and discussion. I usually like to go to an outdoor location, but it was freezing here today and Caden doesn't have much energy, so this will have to do for now. At least I was able to find us all StupidCancer shirts!
We made sure to talk to each of the kids about how they are handling all of this and if they had any questions. For now, they all seem to be doing great. I asked Caden if he was nervous for the next round and was relieved to hear him say no.
It was also seriously relieving to hear him say that he doesn't remember most of what happened the last few weeks. He actually asked if he was asleep when they put the NG Tube in! Serious?! For me, that was the worst procedure so far, by a long shot!! It truly is a tender mercy that he doesn't remember it at all- it's seared into my brain for the rest of my life!
The kids all said that they were going to miss us, but they all said they've had fun with family and couldn't wait for Aunt Sherry and Uncle Ryan to come and visit this week. We've never lived near family, so this is such a fun time for them to get to know their relatives. And for our family members to get to know them, they really are great kids!
The only way we can get semi-good pictures with all these little kids is to promise them silly faces at the end.
But if I'm being honest, the silly ones are always my favorite ones in the end.
I love this family so much! How did I get so lucky?
This week has flown by faster than I thought possible. It makes me sad to think about. However, this time will be better. We known the road we have to take, we know the end date, and we have a good prognosis. Bring it!
Completely adorable family inside and out!
ReplyDelete