The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Explosion

Randy was excited to remember that he loves Shepherd's Pie, and begged to make it today for dinner. The kids whined. I was indifferent. Randy beamed when I said I'd make it for him. He almost got his wish. 

As I was still grabbing stuff from the car after church, Randy rushed in to preheat the oven. As I was walking through the door, Randy's voice held a note of anxiety. Come to find out, our stove exploded. 
Randy said there was a large, blinding light with a boom like someone had dropped a large, heavy book from their chin to the wood floor. His face was not filled with terror, but you could see he was a bit shaken. As I heard the story, my heart first filled with anxiety, which soon turned to gratitude. 

No one was hurt, although there was a real possibility someone could have been. Now, without the threat of danger, we're SUPER excited to upgrade our stupid stove. We never wanted to justify getting a new one, when this piece of trash was working just fine. Even when we were making our kitchen like new, we didn't really want to switch it out. Now there is no choice. We'll slowly change them all over to stainless steel, to match the fridge we brought, purchased on clearance when we were building our home in Herriman- before moving to Casper. Soon we'll have two white and two stainless. I wonder which will go out quicker. My bet is on the dishwasher. 

For now...the kids are plum tickled that they aren't eating Shepherd's Pie! And I get an oven with a window. Glee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment