I have been busy with the kids gone, I promise. So busy that yesterday I asked Randy to go to bed at 9:00PM. I think my mind shut off the second my head hit the pillow. That never happens.
I have had a hard time with sleep for a long time, now. Randy leaves for his overnight trips and it takes me hours upon hours of cleaning to exhaust myself to fall asleep. I always wake up the next morning, with not enough rest, feeling like I want to crawl back in bed as soon as I get out.
Then, Randy isn't gone over night and I still get no sleep. That man snores. A lot. And when he is snoring, there is no 'asking him nicely to roll over.' It's either putting my cold feet on his bare back, kicking him out with all the force of a horizontal squat (believe me, I have had visions of doing this many, many times) or leaving to sleep on the couch that I purchased for looks, not comfort. Which is what happens most nights he is home. Our marriage is sublime, yet I sleep on the couch more than in our bed. Hmmm...
So, when Randy said he'd take over the morning routine (Caden to seminary by 6:45, Keilie to bus stop by 7:00, littlies to bus stop by 8:00, after making their lunches and getting them ready) I was surprised to wake up, finally, at 10:30AM. You read that right- 9:00PM-10:30AM. I'm the luckiest girl in the world. And guess what?! I'm not tired at 1:00PM today. Surprise, surprise!! I have my kitchen deep cleaned with a load of laundry in the washer and a load to be folded. It's amazing what a little sleep can do to your outlook on life.
So, I either get a new couch (purchased for comfort not looks) or a new husband. That's a toughy. I'm totally kidding. Sort of.


No comments:
Post a Comment