Upstairs is always the last thing to do. Really, I am lame and don't really care about decorating the kids' room. I once did, but that was when rooms were on the same level that most people would see. Now that we have exiled the kids' rooms to their own level, they will most likely be plain, bare, and messy. You'll see what I mean with one teenage girls' room soon.
This is the 7' x 7' nook at the top of the stairs. I've got a six-drawer dresser at the top for jackets, winter gear, pool towels, and heirloom blankets. Directly to my right is the main bathroom. The first door on the right that you see is Keilie's room, the second door is the linen closet, the last door that you see is Caden's.
Again, that door straight ahead is Caden's (the one with the blue bean bag chair you can barely see), with Shelby's door hidden around that door/corner, and Brennon's and Tyson's that last door you see on the left. I am standing in the main bathroom doorway.
Main bathroom.
This is the one that I thought would be shared with Keilie and the boys, but they use the Jack and Jill instead. One less shower, toilet, and toothpaste riddled sink/countertop to clean.
Standing at the stair banister, looking into the boys' and Shelby's rooms.
Panoramic of the boys' and Shelby's from the other day. They have stayed clean since.
Keilie's messy room. We still need to get her some window coverings. Those windows look great, but there aren't really blinds that cover those arches. We'll see what we end up doing. Let me draw your attention away from the Albertson's Monopoly game board and pieces to that second window peeking through the door opening. Below, you'll see what it is...
if you can tear your eyes away from her cluttered mess. That, my friends, is a closet of dreams for any girl. It is huge! It made me laugh, remembering a line from Head Over Heels, "Closets don't have windows!!" Apparently they do.
Caden's room. He always keeps his neat and tidy.
Standing in Shelby's room, looking through the Jack and Jill bathroom into Caden's.
They have a separate shower/toilet room from their sink area. This kids' bathroom has more storage and sinks than our Master and Main bathroom combined at the other house. That is one thing that this house has a ton of: storage. This bathroom is the reason that we had a debate (and tears from the girls) among Caden, Keilie, and Shelby-- they wanted rites to this bathroom. In the end, Keilie "settled" for that closet. They all have walk-in closets, but man, no one wanted Keilie's as much as I thought they would! That closet is wasted on my kids!
I love the layout of this house. I love the space. I love the storage. I love the yard, although we mowed it today and realized just how much lawn we have to take care of. I love the little extras that we have always wanted, but used for getting out of debt or investments instead. I love that my kids have their own spaces. I love that Keilie told me that she would be happy to live in this house forever, that it is kind of her dream house. I couldn't agree with her more. Being in this home makes us forget the ups and downs that felt so stressful. We are the luckiest family in the world.
Steph, I love your new house!!!!! I dibs Keilie's room when I visit! Haha. Closet of dreams!
ReplyDelete