Randy woke on Saturday morning with an itch... an itch to take the Bronco to the sand dunes. Caden was all for it. I was lukewarm. Everyone else was a no. So Randy and Caden loaded up for some time alone. Truth be told, I didn't really want to go, but I would have, because it was so important to Randy. When he said that I should stay home with the kids, I almost did a cartwheel. Then I remembered my back and stopped myself. *My back is doing awesome, by the way. There is no more pain, with only a small pulling sensation every once in a while. But, other than that, I'm just taking it easy, just in case.
Because they didn't have a flag, and because there were so many people there, they didn't get as crazy as Randy would have like, but they still had a blast. From some of the stories, I think I should be grateful they didn't have a flag. At one point, Caden was telling Randy that, "Brennon would NOT like this!!" I imagine it was probably a pretty steep dune that Randy just had to go up. They bought a flag on the way home. And Randy started looking for Rzrs last night.
When they got home, they spent a couple hours working on the continued process of fixing it up. They took off the top, pounded out some of the dents, and washed it up nice.
I'm SO GLAD Randy found this. Well, I guess, technically, Steve found it. He called Randy, telling him he wished he could buy it, and then Randy bought it the next morning instead. They have spent so much time together either having fun, or working on it-- which I guess they also think is fun. Other than Randy, I think this is the best thing that has come from the year 1977! I can't wait to see the finished product!!!


Love this!
ReplyDelete