The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Killing It!

Because everyone has received their gifts, I can now show off my {sarcasm} mad skills as a sewing lady!
(Top Right: Kimberly's expected son. Top Left: Drew, my nephew.  Bottom Left: My Mom's Mother's Day gift.  Bottom Right: Everly, my niece.)

Jamie opened a Quilt Class on Tuesday's at 9:30am.  I was all for it.  I planned to learn how to make my Mom's quilt at the class, and then come home to work on Kimberly's.  It exploded from there.  I loved it so much, I just went ahead and made them for the niece and nephew that I hadn't made a quilt for yet.  There are a few flaws on each, with each step getting better and better with each quilt, but I'm happy with how they all turned out.  I wish the colors came through true in pictures!  The orange and green on Kimberly's aren't so bold, and the background of my Mom's is a navy, not black, and the orange-looking fabric is actually coral.  But, I remember everything about each one.  Some took more trips to the fabric store, fabric purchases, layout sessions, and eventual settling on fabric I'd already tried, but I'm in love with each for different reasons.  I'm happy I tried my hand at quilting.

With everything that's going on, it was a mad dash to get them finished and shipped off before we moved.  I've since packed my sewing stuff away, not really expecting to get back to it any time soon.  Not to worry: with as many quilts as I've made, and as much extra fabric that I've already cut, I'll get back to quilting when I can.  I probably have two more quilts of cut fabric upstairs:)  They won't be pretty quilts, but at least they won't take extra time to cut!

2 comments:

  1. Drew's is in his crib, along with the blanket Ashlee made. I love them both SO much!!! My sisters are SO talented! Thank you for a gift that I will treasure forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously feel so special that mine is in a group with your sisters and your mom. Everyone else is family and I feel so blessed to be considered that with you! All the quilts look AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete