The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Clean

 When you enter our home through the garage, the first things you see are the laundry room and straight through to our Master Bedroom.  While Tyson was at tutoring today, I put away three baskets of folded, clean laundry that had been in that line of sight over the weekend, made my bed, and vacuumed all carpet on the main level.  When Tyson walked in, he replied, "I'm not sure why, but it just looks cleaner in here."  As if it was somewhat of a trick of his eyes, that the house had been that clean when he left but he wondered if he didn't notice it before leaving.  Bless.

Randy and I giggled that the work of parents goes unnoticed and that we're grateful for that in some ways.  Our kids get to be kids in that their clothes are washed, food is in cupboards, money is available when things are needed, and the house in which they subsist is clean without them doing a ton of work.  They have chores that they do every day, but for the most part, it's all me.  I'm grateful that my kids can be kids between times where we find work for them to do to make them appreciate the fruits of their labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment