Tyson received the Aaronic Priesthood last Sunday so today was his first Sunday passing the Sacrament. Shelby and I sat on the first pew of his route. Because of social distancing guidelines, it felt as if Shelby and I were more "alone" than Brennon's first week passing last year with no other family members sitting with us, and no one in front or back of us. We looked across the chapel to see Brennon and Tyson sharing the first pew, looking so young, and Randy sitting up on the stand.
Shelby: "It would be so cool if Caden was one of the Priests."
I couldn't have agreed more. I know that that was never guaranteed, as he would have either been at college or on his mission, but it did make me yearn. That, and having Kelie come too.
On the way home, another Deacon, Malachi, commented that he was nervous.
Tyson: "I wasn't nervous. but my hands were shaking so much."
A clear sign he was nervous. That, and the adorable thrust of the tray to ensure the Bishop knew that that was the tray to take the emblems from, and the tray in his other hand was meant for the used cup. Like Caden and Brennon before, he carried himself with a serious, mature presence. I love that my boys do not take spiritual or priesthood responsibilities lightly.
And just like that, I no longer have a child in Primary.
No comments:
Post a Comment