Tyson got his braces adjusted today in preparation to possibly get them off next time. We'd warned him that the bands they'd use would make his teeth hurt more than usual, so he snarfed a bunch before we left. We'd barely made it to the car before he was telling me he could tell his teeth were already moving. I told him to take a selfie because I was betting the gap between his front two teeth would be closed before bed.
"I hate how fat my face looks when I try to take a selfie!" Me, too, son. Me, too.
When I asked if his teeth hurt before bed, his response didn't surprise me at all. "Not really. But it isn't pleasant to bite down." The kid has such a high pain tolerance! The only time he's ever "complained" about braces was that first day when Keilie manhandled his cheeks to see his new braces. It wasn't even a complaint so much as a statement that she'd hurt him. Tough as nails should be changed to Tough as Tyson. I'm so grateful we can afford braces for our kids. Such a blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment